Monday 17 June 2013

June 10th - 16th a fairly ordinary week

The week started off well with a weigh in as I hadn't done one for some time.  I knew I had plateaued at around 16 stone so was pleased to see I had now dropped to 15s9lb thanks to a few small changes I had been making with my food.

Despite the monster bike ride I had done on the Sunday in the Peaks I did an easy run on Monday evening with Amanda, surprisingly my legs felt ok and no detrimental soreness or problems.

The rest of the week saw a mix of the usual swimming and turbo sessions, though on Thursday I was back to Dunham Massey for Round 4 of the North Cheshire Grand Prix series.  This time we ran over the same course but in reverse and it was noticeably quicker.  I was pleased with a new 5k PB of 25:40

Threshold turbo session on Saturday and a hard swim set, Sunday was a long ride around the leafy lanes of Cheshire for a couple of hours, certainly a nice way to start the day.

The week to come has two races, with a 10k on Thursday and the final 5k on Staurday.  Only two weeks to my second sprint tri, getting excited as should be out on the race bike this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment