Sunday 23 June 2013

June 17th - 23rd - busy week

Well it's been a week of all sorts,

Mon through to Wednesday was fairly steady on the training as I didn't wan't to overload myself for what was to come.

Thursday was the the Warrington 10k, held in the evening and starting in the park at Woolston.  Pretty much a flat course, though technical with lots of changes of direction and surface.  In the end a good run, great sprint at the end and a finish time of 53:56; this is an improvement of 6 minutes over my time at the Lymm 10k.

Easy swimming and turbo session on Friday to try and get rid of some of the lactic and ease the muscles.

Saturday I went to Pennington Flash (the venue for the Ironman UK swim), after I managed to pick up a wetsuit for a bargain price from the Bay of E.

This was for my first open water swim in 11 years.  OMG sums it up nicely, it was great, I dropped straight back into it like I had never been away, in the end I had to force myself to stop as I would have been in there all day otherwise.  3 laps of the short course and 1 of the long course in the end and 1.2 miles.  Suit felt really comfortable so makes the price I paid all the better.

In the afternoon it was time for the last round of the North Cheshire 5k Grand Prix series at Lymm.  It had been described as a "cheeky" course and they weren't wrong with a series of descents and climbs to sap the leg strength.  Considering how sore my legs still were from the 10k on Thursday I was pleased to get round in 26:35 on a testing little course.

Sunday was supposed to have been a early group ride, but high winds and driving rain caused it to be called off, so I decided to take on an epic (by my standards anyway) turbo session with one a Spinerval aerobic compilation, 2h10m later there was a bloody big puddle on the floor.

According to the file upload to Training Peaks I had burnt 1800 calories on the ride so treated myself to this, nom, nom nom.

Next Sunday is the the Darwen Triathlon so hopefully all of this training will bring about a good days racing.



No comments:

Post a Comment